TRIP009 – Is Radio Imaging Even Needed Anymore?
“Dear John: A Break up Letter To The Advertising Community”
A great article we talked about today around the dilemma of creativity vs data/ROI. Read it here.
Smart Speakers are bringing change.
We know that already, but here’s an interest assessment of where we’re at from James Cridland in Radioinfo.com.au.
Is Radio Imaging Even Needed Anymore?
- Big brands still dedicate a lot of time to Sonic Branding.
- As we know, audio helps create emotional responses much better that pure visual.
- Listening to audio is easy to do while doing other things.
But Radio Imaging does need to evolve.
- More stations are concentrating on creativity emotional connection
- More stations seem to be investing in sonic logo’s.
- We need to get better at communicating effectively.
People listen in new ways.
- Digital Radio, online streaming, apps and various other listening methods show station names and logo’s.
- As listener measurement will change over the next decade.
- My prediction? Radio Imaging will become more minimal over time, but more effective too.
So, what do you think? Is Radio Imaging Even Needed Anymore?
Check out these Sonic Brands:
Here’s a way to instantly improve your mixing!
Thanks to George Taylor at IMGR for finding this and sharing with me.
Remember to subscribe to this podcast, and give it a FIVE star review.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Requests? Comment below or get in touch here.