TRIP023 – Behind The Scenes – Staxx
I’ve made a YouTube Tutorial Video – 5 Tips for Using Delay
I don’t think I managed to make it suck massively, even if I didn’t seem to record it in stereo… Sorry about that. Check it out here though.
More to come in the future… and better, promise!
Behind The Scenes with Staxx from Z100, New York
Staxx is Creative Services Director and if you haven’t heard of him or his work you’ve been living under a rock.
He pretty much did my job for me in this podcast, here’s what he talks about:
- Lifestyle. The more you ingest culturally, the more you have for your creative palette.
- Keep in Key. Build your work in the same key.
- Think visually. Let the words and production flow from what you see in your mind.
- Try to get feedback from people who don’t work in radio. They give you important information about the entire piece, rather than zooming in on a single element or over compressed voice.
- Make sure there’s a story behind what you’re doing to connect with your listeners.
Throughout these tips Staxx shares a load of great audio, so you’ll have to listen to the episode to hear that!
Wanna be on a future Behind The Scenes episode of the podcast?
Drop me a note here and let’s get talking! Don’t be shy, all perspectives, experience levels and nationalities are super useful to others in our industry!
Remember to subscribe to this podcast, and give it a FIVE-star review.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Requests? Comment below or get in touch here.