TRIP002 – What Is Radio Imaging?
The Radio Imaging Podcast has started! Make sure you subscribe as a new episode will appear every week!
It’s only episode two, but a FIVE star rating will help other people find this podcast…
…I want this to be heard by as many people as possible so I can help as many people as possible. Please help me do that: Click here to get started!
There’s a cool plugin from iZotope called Neutron and they’ve just released a low cost version worth checking out.
The link to find out more is here care of Pro Tools Expert.
So what is Radio Imaging?
- A kind of sonic glue.
- Create the personality and set the tone of a radio station – sometimes called “station-ality.”
- A way to build a brand sonically.
- Is built to work with a specifically defined audience/demograph.
What decisions can you make when creating your Radio Imaging?
- Writing your scripts using the language of your listeners.
- Music reflective of your playlist… or slightly hotter in some cases!
- Working listener voices into the Radio Imaging itself.
- Picking Station Voice Overs.
- Use of Sonic Logo’s or Jingles.
- Artist Testimonials.
- Sound Design
Here’s a montage from Daniel Testa we checked out:
(Soundcloud embed’s don’t show on RSS/Podcast feeds – please check out the show notes here)
The Complete Radio Imaging Course is the resource this week!
Click here to read more about it, we based some of this podcast on it.
Remember to subscribe to this podcast, and give it a FIVE star review.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Requests? Comment below or get in touch here.