TRIP011 – What’s More Important, Technical or Creative Ability?
iZotope have a plug-in sale on right now!
I love Ozone and Neutron, so why not check the sale out here.
What’s More Important, Technical or Creative Ability?
I’m forever talking with people about this, I wanted to share my opinion based on my experience working and hiring in the Radio Imaging world…
I believe creative ability is more important, why?
- Technical ability can be taught and learnt more easily that teaching someone how to be creative.
- Learning to be creative isn’t the same as learning strategies to harness existing creativity.
- Creativity is an innate skill.
- I have always hired more on creative potential, rather than technical ability. I feel like I’ve been hired for the same reason.
- The best work I’ve heard isn’t always the most technically gifted work, but the ideas connected much better than someone who has got that EQ just right.
Those creative books I mentioned:
How do you identify creative people?
- Passion for ideas, not for technical data.
- The ability to think about the same ideas from different perspectives.
- Unique sense of humour.
- Emotionally connected (understands the power of words).
- Treats idea generation as a craft, not a graft.
These Vines show how creativity doesn’t depend on technical ability:
And here’s the interesting TED video I talked about, well worth a watch:
So you can’t learn creativity so easily, let’s learn something technical!
I’ve written up 5 tips for using reverb, check it out here!
Remember tosubscribe to this podcast, and give it a FIVE star review.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Requests? Comment below or get in touch here.